Immerse yourself in the urban landscape in this two-day workshop with Canberra-based commercial and landscape photographer David Flanagan. Over two-day, workshop participants will be provided with an overview of the history of landscape photography as well as learn technical skills, before implementing these on two location photoshoots. Participants will also take part in group and online feedback sessions.
Saturday 18 March 3:00pm to 8:00pm, classroom session at PhotoAccess followed by group location shoot at the National Arboretum Canberra:
- History of landscape photography
- Technical knowledge and skills i.e. best times to photograph; what makes a photograph interesting; camera setting; lens and filter use
- Field trip to the National Arboretum Canberra
Sunday 19 March 12:30pm to 5:30pm, classroom session at PhotoAccess followed by group location shoot, industrial area of Fyshwick:
- Meet at PhotoAccess to go through location shoot images, receive feedback, ask questions and summaries day one theory.
- Field trip to industrial area in Fyshwick
By Wednesday of the following week:
- Upload images to online sharing platform. Within 3 days of image upload participants will receive online feedback from David and classmates. Online forum will remain active for the group to continue to participate in.
David Flanagan - David is a Canberra based photographer specialising in architectural and abstract aerial landscape photography. After graduating from the Canberra Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Design (Photography) in 2004 David relocated to Sydney and established himself as a successful commercial photographer and acclaimed exhibiting landscape photographer. In August 2012 David moved his family back home to Canberra where he currently works at the Australian National Archives as Exhibitions Coordinator. David is a practising commercial photographer and has experience teaching landscape photography at the Canberra Institute of Technology. David’s solo exhibition of landscape photography, Move up on the views exploring the outer areas of Northern Canberra that are destined to become new suburbs, will be on show in the PhotoAccess Huw Davies Gallery from 2-26 February 2017
Saturday, 18 March 2017 to Monday, 20 March 2017
Manuka Arts Centre